Welcome to Osprey’s Rest.
The Lodge is one of four set in fourteen acres amidst a young native Scots Pine wood. The area is one of outstanding natural beauty situated on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park and offers peace and tranquillity. There are open uninterrupted views from the Lodge and you have a real chance of being able to see deer, buzzards and ospreys from your window or the grounds.
- The walking in the area is outstanding with the Cateran Trail close by. There are shorter lower level walks from the Lodge which are easy but for the more adventurous, it is possible to walk to one of the surrounding higher mountains
- The Glenshee Ski Centre is only just over half an hour drive away which offers, when it is snowy, Scotland’s largest number of runs from greens through to the challenging black Tiger. Cross country skiing and ski mountaineering are also superb when the conditions are right.
- In summer, there is an exciting mountain bike course at Glenshee along with extensive possibilities for using mountain bikes on the trails surrounding the Lodge.
- Alyth golf course is within a thirty minute drive.
- Private trout fishing is available close to the Lodge.
- Horse riding is available at nearby Glenmarkie.
- There are numerous visitor attractions in the area such as a pottery and various museums.
- Pitlochry, Perth and Dundee all offer theatres and cinemas
- There are a wide range of good quality establishments to eat within a comfortable drive of the Lodge. There is a delightful walk from the Lodge to the Glenisla Hotel which takes around thirty minutes (approx 1.5 miles). Tasty bar food and restaurant meals are available there.
- Perth, Dundee, Pitlochry and Braemar are all less than an hour drive away. Blairgowrie, which is a thirty minute drive away, offers a wide range of stores including a Tesco.